See how frozen carcass reindeer meat will be cut into small pieces. Photos and video were done by Artem Petukhov and Katya Ipatieva (they stand behind the Adventure in Yakutia blog http://adv.yktv.ru, in Russian) specially for eYakutia.com . Thanks, guys.
Yeah, we, Yakutians, love meat. We eat them a lot. To save money, we usually buy them of big sizes, and then we think how to cut them. Praise god, there are people who are ready to help at the cost of 20 bucks for each carcass.
That’s how meat cutting looks like in Yakutsk, Yakutia/Siberia. Sorry for showing that, but without meat it is impossible to survive in extreme cold life conditions. This food is a must to have in northern peoples’ menu.
- A Siberian Documentary: The Winter Road. The Land of Fierce…
- Ethnological examination introduced in Yakutia
- The Lena River wallpaper. View from Tabaga Cape. Put Yakutia on your desktop!
- Photos: Spring arrived in the Siberian city of Yakutsk, Apr. 21, 2010
- Feel the atmosphere of our winter life in Yakutsk, Siberia/Russia