The Library of the First President of Yakutia Michael Nikolaev is located in the village of Oktemzy, the place where he was born, on the territory of the Lenskyj Krai Forum education center. It was built in 2006.
The library has many premises. There is a computer lab with book shelves, where you can see the books written and inspired by Michael Nikolaev. However, it doesn’t mean that you will be offered to research the president’s readings only. There are a lot of other literature. Visitors need to pick wished items in a catalogue. The lab is on the ground floor… Oh, by the way, don’t miss a chance to check Margaret Tatcher’s book with her signature and wishes.
Other rooms resemble a museum based on gifts presented to Michael Nikolaev. Paintings, carvings, horse decorations, and many, many other interesting Yakut national stuff. I regret that I didn’t bring along my camera and used a mobile. Nevertheless, they give an idea of the first Yakutia’s President Library.
Work days: daily except holidays. 1 hr work on the broadband Internet costs 60 roubles. Oops, don’t remember the costs of an entrance ticket. Think, ~50-100 rubles.
Photographs were taken on March 5th, 2010.
- Olonkho, Sakha heroic epos, in Timofei Stepanov’s painting The Upper World
- Ice Age Beast Bones Storage & Mammoth Museum in Yakutsk, Russia’s Siberia [photos]
- Photos: Excursion to SakhaBult’s factory and store
- Siberia’s Yakutia in the 2010 Shanghai Expo
- Spring Recreation: the Lena-Friendship outdoor museum in Sottinzy near Yakutsk