The Yakutsk-based news portal Ykt.ru is conducting the poll asking Internet users which one of football teams they support at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. Russia didn’t make it to the final, so it is not in the list.
So… Poll results show that Yakutsk definitely loves Brazil. This national team is like a must to admire. By the way, I am among Brazil fans. In my case, I like their way of playing. They are artists, indeed. The town dwellers also support England and Germany… England? Because of Rooney, Beckham (though he is not in the team), Manchester United, Chealsea, Premier League… Germany? Well, easy to say «Just because»… But it won’t be true. Germans have guts!
If by any chance you would arrive in Yakutsk, start talking about football, but with guys, certainly. Ladies prefer Sex & the City instead When discussing the current team standings, please, make stress on Brazil, Germany and England, and recall Honduras and South Korea as well.
- Children’s football school in Yakutsk, Yakutia, Russia’s Siberia & Far East [photos]
- Video: Playing football in Yakutsk… in winter
- A Yakutian pensioner completed jogging from Kaliningrad to Vladivostok
- Just another weekend off-roading near Yakutsk, Yakutia/Siberia
- The GPS orienteering contest in the Siberian city of Yakutsk