Roman Yarygin spent two months, April and May, in the Verkhoyank Range with Oymyakon reindeer herders. In the above video he is sitting on the mountain top, while his Siberian husky is sleeping. An amazing view! See some of his photographs.
More Roman’s winter/spring travel photographs at YakutiaToday.com.
All eYakutia posts about Oymyakon.
- Scientific expedition to Mus-Khaya Mountain in Yakutia, Siberia/Russia. 23 photos.
- The World’s Coldest Road. Kolyma Highway in Yakutia, Siberia / Russia [video]
- Fishing on the icy Inyali River in Yakutia’s Momsky region, Siberia / Russia [photos]
- Oymyakon Weather in Yakutia, Siberia / Russia, Jan. 2010
- Trekking to Palatka Mountain in East Yakutia, Siberia / Russia. Photos by Dersu.