Here is the first set of the Lena Pillars summer photographs taken by Elena Atlasova on June 2-4, 2011. Actually, she and her friends were the first, who managed to visit the famous geological monument on the Lena River this season.
Enjoy the Lena and its stone pillars. By the way, the Government of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) is working hard on nominating the Lena Pillars National Park for the UNESCO Heritage list.
Click thumbnails to enlarge images.
Photo credit: Elena Atlasova.
- Lena Pillars Nature Park Added to UNESCO’s World Heritage List + Links to Photographs
- Fishing on the icy Inyali River in Yakutia’s Momsky region, Siberia / Russia [photos]
- Lena Pillars, finally! The 3rd day of the Lena River voyage. 43 photos.
- Dog sledding in Yakutia: Siberian huskies, the Lena River, Pillars
- 30 wood bison arrived in the Siberian city of Yakutsk from Edmonton, Canada, today