The 2nd day of Ilya’s Elanka — Buotama — Lena Pillars trip was also dedicated to fishing, but on the Buotama River, a Lena River tributary. The 1st day, as you know, was spent in the village of Elanka.
Further, find more photographs taken by Ajar Varlamov and some facts.
What to do in the area of the Buotama River?
Apart from fishing, Yakutsk residents love:
1. A-couple-of-days rafting, that usually starts from the Lena Pillars;
2. Swimming in the river’s warm waters;
3. Gazing at wood bison imported from Canada’s Elk Island Park four year ago (the tag for wood bison).
- Lena Pillars, finally! The 3rd day of the Lena River voyage. 43 photos.
- Elanka, a lost village on the Lena River in Yakutia, Russia
- 11 summer photo stories about the Lena River ( Yakutia / Russia) you might have missed
- 30 wood bison arrived in the Siberian city of Yakutsk from Edmonton, Canada, today
- Travelling the Buotama River estuary in summer 2010, Yakutia, Siberia/Russia