Event: Nikolay Evstifeev’s «Winter Road. The Land of Fierce» Documentary Public Screening at Diamond House Cafe in Yakutsk, Russia.
Time: 08.00 pm (UTC+09:00), Sept. 14, 2011.
Location: Diamond House Cafe (EPL Diamond’s Trade Center), Yakutsk, Russia.
About the documentary check the post «A Siberian Documentary: The Winter Road. The Land of Fierce…»
About the event:
It was my first experience of arranging a public event. On Monday I met Nikolay. We were glad to meet in reality after one year online friendship. He was in Yakutsk on the way to Moscow. Said to me, he planned to stay n the city for three days only. I exclaimed that it was pity not to show his great film to Yakutsk audience. He said, Why not arrange the film’s public screening. I said, Cool! Let’s do it.
On Tuesday I contacted Ananoty Semenov, a friend of mine, who is in charge of Diamond House Cafe (with 100 seats). He said, Ok. I called Kostas Danilov, who is a big cinema fan and has many friends of the same interest among local TV workers. So, he asked them to come.
In my turn, I posted announcements about screening on my accounts in social media, presicely on Facebook, Twitter, VKontakte, Avtor.Ykt.ru.
And it happened. The next day the Diamond House Cafe was full. Not all visitors managed to find available seats. Cool!
Live Online Streaming
The event was broadcasted online thanks to the Ustream service. Unfortunately, there were sounds only and no vision. In any case, it was cool to have people staying with us! Thank you for joining our event.
A photo report:
- Siberian Documentary: Songs of Forest Spirits or Bear’s Hora about the Homeland [trailer]
- A Siberian Documentary: The Winter Road. The Land of Fierce…
- Video: Georges Méliès’ silent films with the Yakut khomus (Jew-s Harp) music in Yakutsk
- «103″ is the rock music born in a little Yakutian (Siberian) village of Khatassy
- A film about wolves in Yakutia to screen in New York City on Feb. 11th