Dersu (his blog) is great! Last August he and his friend, Sergey Ermak, completed another trekking expedition, but this time to Palatka Mountain, one of the biggest glaciers in East Yakutia, Siberia / Russia.
Dersu’s previous trekkings across Yakutia:
Palatka Mountain is located in Suntar-Khayata Range in the area of the upper Suntar River. Considered as the third highest point (2797 m) after Pobeda Peak (3147 m) and Mus Khaya Mountain (2959 m).
They started their walk on Aug. 08th and finished on Aug. 26th. The way to Palatka was the Kolyma Highway (right after the Zheltyj Proizhim, if on the way from Yakutsk) — Ogannya River — Ugammyt River — Koltako River — Suntar River — Mugal (Munil) brook — the Neidagychan river tributary.
Below, please, see amazing pictures of wild Siberian nature with funny and cute animals, and, yeah, don’t miss the image of the brown bear.
- Scientific expedition to Mus-Khaya Mountain in Yakutia, Siberia/Russia. 23 photos.
- Rafting the Indigirka River & trekking the Chersky Range in Yakutia, Siberia/Russia
- The World’s Coldest Road. Kolyma Highway in Yakutia, Siberia / Russia [video]
- Yakutia’s Chersky Mountains by Maciej Besta
- Kolyma Highway Travel Map + Short Guide