Yep, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev in Yakutsk. He arrived right from Hawaii this night.
The purpose of his official visit is to discuss the issues related to housing and communal services and participate in the opening of the last constructed branch line of the railway Berkakit — Tommot — Yakutsk in the settlement of Nizhnyj Bestyakh. This place is located in front of Yakutsk on the opposite bank of the Lena River.
Amazing! The half of the day I had been waiting from local journalists for any photographs of the event, especially of the Nizhnyj Bestyakh event. But… it appeared to be Dmitry Medvedev, who took a picture and uploaded it on his Twitter account @MedvedevRussia.
President Medvedev said that the railway must come to Yakutsk via the bridge over the Lena River, not through the tunnel.
The below photo was taken by me right after the lunch time in Yakutsk…
Btw, today’s weather is as low as -30C. Warm!
- Constructing the Berkakit — Tommot — Yakutsk railway in extremly cold conditions
- Yakutia’s President Vyacheslav Shtyrov Quits
- Yakutia’s Vice President tested the Yakutia-made off roader «Uraanhay»
- A new president of Yakutia with the new government members + gold medalists
- Photos: Waiting for summer in Yakutia/Siberia