The current post is sequal to the previous one, «Olonkho, Sakha Heroic Epos, In Timofei Stepanov’s Painting The Upper World.» This time we post images of crafts and attributes of the Sakha (Yakut) people’s past daily life.
Yes, photographs were taken in The National Fine Arts Museum of the Republic of Sakha-Yakutia in Yakutsk, Siberia / Russia.
In the following images you’ll see crockeries for horse milk, female horse saddles, talisman-like crafted calendars, female clothes, belts, other national clothes and… mammoth tusk crafts.
Each picture shows that the Sakha people is the nation that cultivates and breeds horses.
By the way, click images to enlarge.
- A Yakutian horse in Verkhoyansky region, Republic Sakha-Yakutia, Siberia, Russia
- Yakutsk Crafts Exhibition: Even clothes & accessories
- One day with Yakut horses, breeders & of trekking near Yakutsk, Siberia/Russia
- Happy Victory Day from Yakutsk, Siberia / Russia. 10 photos.
- Yhyakh, the Yakut national holiday, celebrated in the 1960s [history videos]