Anabar is a short name for Anabarsky District, one of the northernmost region in the Arctic zone of Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Siberia, Russia.
See the set of Anna Opsipova‘s photographs taken on films during her visit to the reindeer herders’ camp in Anabar. Just a few pictures, but they are very expressive.
Images were done, when outdoor temperature was much, much below -40C.
By the way, Anna Osipova is an artist. You might see her paintings in the post Inspired by the North.
- Anna Osipova’s arts: Inspired by the North
- How do people live in Anabar, the Arctic region of Yakutia, Siberia/Russia
- Bruce Parry & BBC’s Arctic in Yakutsk, Yakutia/Siberia
- Following the Even reindeer herders in the North (Arctic) of Yakutia, Siberia/Russia
- BBC2′s Arctic with Bruce Parry: Siberia. Episode 1.