In February, as you might already know, I experienced just a magic reindeer sledding expedition across valleys and rivers of Oymyakon, East Yakutia, Russia’s Siberia. With the Even nomad family of the Cherkashins. Well, it was a sort of expedition to me, but not to reindeer herders. They considered two-day travel as a regular neighbourhood visit.
No more words from me. Enjoy 70+ photographs.
More about Oymyakon reindeer sledge trip at my other blog AskYakutia.com.
- Winter Magic with Reindeer & Herders in Oymyakon, Siberia / Russia
- Oymyakon Weather in Yakutia, Siberia / Russia, Jan. 2010
- Sitting on the rock in the Verkhoyansk mountains, Yakutia, Siberia/Russia
- The World’s Coldest Road. Kolyma Highway in Yakutia, Siberia / Russia [video]
- Extreme cold hunting journey in Oymyakon, Siberia / Russia. With reindeer sleds [photos]