Have met a Yakutian horse in the village of Elges in Verkhoyansky region, North-East Yakutia, Siberia, Russia. This is female. 19 year old. Named simply Zorka (Dawn in Russian).
See more photographs of her in the post.
Previous related post: Video: Yakut Horses Living in the Siberian cold. Not-Yet-Completed Documentary Episodes.
Travel to Verkhoyansky region was arranged by GamesAsia.ru.
By the way, I always think what a right adjective should be applied for this Siberian horse breed. Yakut horse or Yakutian horse? In Russian, we just say, «Yakutskyj». Help, if you know.
- Yakutian horse riders in Yakutia, Siberia / Russia [photos]
- Yakut Horses Living in the Siberian cold. Not-Yet-Completed Documentary Episodes
- One day with Yakut horses, breeders & of trekking near Yakutsk, Siberia/Russia
- Yakutian Horses. One fight for the lady’s heart in Yakutia, Russia’s Siberia [photos]
- Bruce Parry & BBC’s Arctic in Yakutsk, Yakutia/Siberia