Alexander Khodulov was a Yakutian artist, who lived from 1962 till 2003. His preferred genres were portrait, landscape scenery, still life, etc.
He was born in Yakutsk. In the family of the outstanding USSR national artist Dmitry F. Khodulov. Graduated Children Art School, Yakutsk Art College (1981), the Surikov Art Institute in Moscow (1987). A member of the Sakha Republic Artist Union since 1993.
Quote: «Nature was a leading theme in Alexander’s work, — said his wife and colleague Marianna Lukina. — His art pieces reveal a great love to the Yakutian land, lyric, and majesty. In his paitings one may feel sincerity, purity and life-asserting spirit. Viewers may have a sensation of nature, its sounds, structure and complexity. Irrespective of scenery, portraite, stills or other genres, he remained himself — modest and good-humoured.»
Alexander Khodulov. A self-portrait.
Saying a lot of sincere thanks to Yulia Khodulova for providing photographs and info.
- Arts by Vladimir D. Ivanov, a Sakha Theater decorator
- Yakutia Pictures Video Slideshow by Vitaly Toko
- Alexander Shadrin, of Yakutia, is Russia’s best ice sculptor
- Photos: Magic winter of West Yakutia, Siberia/Russia
- Olonkho, Heroic Epos from Siberia’s Yakutia. Timofei Stepanov’s paintings. Ayarkhaan’s song