May 1st is a special day in Russia. It’s a national holiday. It might called in different ways. International Workers’ Day, May Day, Spring & Labour Day or Labour Day. Here we just use the word «May 1st» (in Russian, «Pervomaj» or «Pervoe Maja».)
How do we percept this holiday?
In my and many others’ opinion, it is more like a celebration of the spring. It is a day, when we can enjoy parades and go out of the city for BBQ (shashliki).
See photographs of the May 1st Parade taken place in Yakutsk, Russia.
To see big images, click thumbnails.
- Happy Victory Day from Yakutsk, Siberia / Russia. 10 photos.
- Photos: Winter arrived to Yakutsk, the capital of Republic Sakha-Yakutia, Siberia/Russia
- Photos: Spring in progress. Yakutsk, April 10 — May 3, 2011
- Video: Yakutia in khomus (Jew’s Harp) music and images!
- May Day Parade in Yakutsk, Yakutia, Siberia, Russia (38 photos)