Ajar Varlamov’s photo.
In Russia’s Yakutia, May is the time when we say, «Finally, the spring arrived and snow is almost gone.» It is the time to enjoy snowdrops. Like icebreak on rivers, these magic flowers are a symbol of the spring.
Ajar Varlamov‘s photos taken near Yakutsk, Central Yakutia:
See more photographs from Ajar Varlamov.
Sergei Kokorin‘s photos taken in Aldan, South Yakutia:
Sergei lives in Aldan. If you will be heading to Yakutsk overland, stop by at his place. He can provide good accommodation and arrange interesting travels across South Yakutia. Check his website: www.goldenaldan.ru
- Spring ice floating on the Lena River in Yakutia, Siberia / Russia
- Snow is melting. Spring arrived in Yakutsk, Russia. Photos by Ajar Varlamov.
- Spring in Yakutia, Siberia / Russia. Ajar Varlamov’s photographs.
- Dog sledding in Yakutia: Siberian huskies, the Lena River, Pillars
- The Yakutian laika (one of Siberian husky breeds)